Tuesday, February 23, 2010

OUT LOUD

Friends, family, honored guests...I have news, of a large nature.

Remember that one poetry competition I was talking about yesterday? I believe the term "nervous-making" was used.

Well, I won.

FIRST PLACE.

I am representing my school district in a state-wide poetry recitation competition!

I KNOW. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

It's truly surreal. I went, I competed. The next thing I knew, I was getting slapped on the back and high-fived and my hand was nearly shaken off.

I won. I won. I won! I won!


This month has been practically perfect in every way.

5 comments:

Jonathan Baker said...

You are so wonderfully cheerful! I love it!

Christine said...

...and it wasn't even the Highwayman or the Lady of Shallot! "we are living in a great age for poetry I believe." when you figure out that movie reference you will get a prize.

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

i know i know the movie quote!!! congrats dearest! so proud of you!

Christine said...

there are two movie references in this... the Highwayman and Lady of Shallot are the first (and a serious gimme!) but "we are living in a great age for poetry" comes from what movie?

Caroline Grace: said...

Persuasion. Naturally.