Friday, July 17, 2009

Mega-pixel

Buckle up. You're in for a lengthy post. These are some pictures I took on The Great Minnesota Vacation. It was so much fun to be here again! I pretty much grew up at this cabin.


This was at Itasca State Park, on the way to Minnesota. This is where the Mississippi River is shallow enough to walk across. Some of us elected to cross. Others (such as myself) didn't. It was freezing, after all.


I'm a little proud of these pictures. I know they're of plants, but they turned out so well.



So, at The Cabin, there is a hummingbird feeder. It's been there for as long as I can remember. I attempted to get some cool shots of the hummingbirds, but (being hummingbirds) they're awful fast.

Almost there...

Not quite...

Bingo.



And of course, we went fishing.







The Cabin is pretty much the definition of fun. And it's so beautiful. My dad took some of the following pictures. They really capture the beauty of this place.





And one of my favorite pictures of the vacation:


Right before this picture was taken, my Grandpa actually took my hand and we skipped down the hill. I felt like I was about 5 again. Totally awesome. So then, the five year old gals wanted a turn.

The Cabin = great joy.

Carlie out.

No comments: