Sunday, July 4, 2010

a case of patriotics

I am American.
I am pleased to be.
I live in a little green suburb,
where people play baseball in the field across the street.
My backyard is a mountain's majesty,
and we have a flag in the front of our house.
I've been learning about George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams,
and Abraham Lincoln
for as long as I can remember.
I appreciate diversity,
and hope to speak more than English one day.
I want to travel,
but I'll still be from America.
I am grateful for the men who defend my country today,
and for those who defended its earliest freedoms.
September 11th will live forever in my memory.
Ground Zero stirs deep emotions in my heart.
I've visited the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, and Washington D.C.
I am in love with those places.
Countless cross-country roadtrips with my family have only strengthened my love of this nation.
I enjoy the West Coast, and the East Coast.
I love the lakes of my home state.
I am American.
I am pleased to be.


No comments: